Jul 12

In my first post about DemandBase-SiteCatalyst integration, I provided an overview of some of the metrics and segmentation possibilities you can accomplish with the two products. Now I’m going to switch gears and show you the implementation and technical details of the integration.

This is a rather lengthy post outlining each step of the process. It was difficult to break up into another post without causing confusion.

Note: I am not (and have never been) an employee of DemandBase or Adobe, nor was I asked by either company to write this post. I simply found the measurement and targeting possibilities intriguing, and wanted to blog about my experiences in the hopes that others could benefit.

Continue reading »

Tagged with:
Jul 12

As many B2B companies with lead-gen websites have found, you probably convert less than 2% of all visits into leads. So what about the other 98%? How much do you really know about who they are? If you’re further along in your Web Analytics Maturity Model, you might have developed personas, implemented (or working on) an attribution model, and tied your CRM system with your web analytics tool for better offline data integration. You’ll know what drove the visit, technical and geographic details, and the consumption habits on the site. But what if you knew the company size, industry and sub-industry, revenue, headquarter location, or even current account status? With such data, you might realize new opportunities or learn to behaviorally target a segment in a different way.

Continue reading »

Tagged with:
Jun 11

There are many reasons why you might want to track a file download on your website as a Page in SiteCatalyst. I did it because I wanted to answer 2 main questions:

  1. Where do file downloads fit in the path users take prior to converting on my website?
  2. How do assets rank in terms of the role they play in driving conversion events? (Which assets are most-valuable in influencing future success events?)

Continue reading »

Tagged with:
Mar 06

If you have a mobile website fully tracked with SiteCatalyst non-JavaScript tags (for performance reasons or otherwise), you’ve likely run into questions about how to track custom links. The traditional method – redirecting through Omniture using their special syntax – works great if you are redirecting to a standard URL. But what if you are trying to take advantage of mobile capabilities such as opening the phone dialer when the user clicks on a phone number?

Continue reading »

Tagged with:
Jan 07

This post will compare the various features and capabilities of the Omniture SiteCatalyst, Google Analytics, and Yahoo Web Analytics applications, and determine how appropriate each is for the measurement and analysis of website traffic. This post is likely to get quite wordy, so I apologize in advance.  This analysis is intended to be comprehensive for evaluating analytics solutions.

While writing this I will attempt to show no bias towards one application over another, and if I am presenting my opinion, I will be sure to point this out.

Overview

Omniture SiteCatalyst has long been a major player in the analytics market, meeting the needs for many large, corporate clients. Google Analytics emerged just over 3 years ago after Google purchased the analytics solution Urchin, and as of the date of this posting (1.7.2010)  Yahoo! Web Analytics is still in a beta stage, only allowing access to certain small business customers and News Consortium members.

The Omniture, Google, and Yahoo solutions rely on the standard JavaScript/Image beacon methods to measure web traffic. In short, each time a page is loaded, a piece of JavaScript builds an image request that is sent to a data-gathering server. The image request consists of query parameters with data about the page view. The query parameters are then parsed by the analytics applications and input as data into the appropriate traffic reports. Continue reading »

Tagged with:
Dec 24

In an effort to gather more data around “social media presence” in Omniture SiteCatalyst, I began investigating how to pull Twitter and Facebook data into Omniture SiteCatalyst.    After reading @VaBeachKevin‘s post on importing Twitter Followers into SiteCatalyst on WebAnalyticsLand.com, I wondered if it would be possible to use the same concept to import Facebook Fans.  After a bit of searching, I found this post at stackoverflow.com, and I was off and running.  Here’s how I did it…

Continue reading »

Tagged with:
preload preload preload
%d bloggers like this: